Thursday, August 7, 2008

Phew!-tility Sink

A long time ago, I whined about not having a utility sink in the house. I moaned about how difficult it was to empty a bucket in the kitchen sink, among other complaints. So when we started working on home improvements recently, a utility sink showed up on our wish list.


A few months ago, we started looking for utility sinks. Went to one hardware store, then another, then another. A few weeks later, though, The Husband found the ultimate utility sink. It was a sink with a cabinet and front doors, which would be perfect for our laundry room. We had a utility sink in the laundry room!


But, I should have been more specific in my request. I should have asked for a WORKING utility sink, one that was connected to water and drain pipes.

Well, the dream of having a working utility sink finally came true. After a LOT of hard work, The Husband completed the plumbing, carpentry work, and painting required to install this sink. It wasn't as simple as I thought it would be.




THANK YOU and kudos to The Husband!
It is finished. Phew!


5 comments:

  1. yeah, I want one too. What a good husband.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe how you can write a story about installing a utility sink and make it such fun to read!!! I was hoping it was longer!!! I love it!!! And give "The Husband" a hug from me!! He dun good!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whew! I was worried it had turned into a "futility sink"...but there's that smilin' husband to prove me wrong!

    Linda D. in Seattle

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just wanted to let you know that I read your blog regularly and started one myself about life with MS, among other things. It's called Messy Stuff: A Life with MS and other random ramblings.

    The link is http://messystuffalifewithms.blogspot.com/

    if you'd like to check it out and it to your list of blogs.

    Thanks,
    Weeble Girl

    ReplyDelete
  5. I kept reading "phew" and thinking "stinky."

    And, yes, I'm just now catching up on your blogs. All at once, lots of comments. :)

    ReplyDelete