Sunday, September 14, 2008

Excessive Heat Warning Today


The National Weather Service has issued an excessive heat warning for my area.


VERY HOT AND HUMID WITH RECORD HIGH TEMPERATURES POSSIBLE... THE COMBINED EFFECTS OF THE TEMPERATURE AND HUMIDITY COULD RESULT IN HEAT INDEX VALUES MORE LIKE THE DEAD OF SUMMER...BETWEEN 100AND 105 DEGREES.


I thought I was out of the woods with the hot weather and was so looking forward to maybe getting some energy back. Afterall, next week we celebrate the Autumnal Equinox.
Surprise!

5 comments:

  1. I'm sorry it's still so hot. I too am looking forward to fall...it is my favorite time of the year - the cooler temps are just a bonus! :)

    At least we get to watch the Eagles beat Dallas this Monday Night! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm staying indoors with the a/c working constantly. It's so hot , my furry creature doesn't even want to venture out. Fall will be so sweet! and hopefully soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yep, just a little south of you, and it is much too warm for supposed being of fall.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And some people still think that global warming is a myth.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yesterday was 93 degrees in our area. I was supposed to go fishing with my husband and father-in-law, but I took a pass. They came back saturated and wilted!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.