Sunday, September 28, 2008

THANK YOU to all the bike riders: You are so special!


It's that time of year for the Delaware, Pennsylvania, and New Jersey Multiple Sclerosis Society's bike fundraisers. Seeing all these bike riders raising money for MS brings me to tears every year.


The Husband and I volunteered at a rest stop for the 25th Delaware Bike to the Bay bike ride from Dover to Rehoboth Beach yesterday, and unfortunately the weather was wet and rainy so I have no photos to share. In spite of the weather, there were still approximately 2,000 riders! I love to just cheer as they pull into the rest stop. They give me hope that soon we'll have a cure.


I want to send a thanks to Bill who recognized me and said hello (I hadn't seen him in about 6 years) and to a very special team called the Bike Nerds with Kai, Brian, Jeff, and Felix. Thanks so much to my Delaware friends!


I'm sending an extra special thanks to our nephew Frank who rode again in the City to Shore 150, from Philadelphia to Ocean City, New Jersey. Frank is a terrific person and we love him very much.


Thanks everyone for helping us Start to Finish MS!

Home

4 comments:

  1. WOW - 2,000 bikes!! That's incredible and quite impressive! I want to say thank you to all who planned the event as well as all the bikers for helping raise money to find a cure for MS to help my sister!!!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.