Sunday, December 14, 2008

He Passed!!!

...a kidney stone, that is!

The Husband went through hell last Monday/Tuesday, but is almost back to normal. He had a rough nine hours in the emergency room, but he was in a lot of pain before getting there. Earlier in the day, we went to an urgent care facility who diagnosed constipation and suggested laxatives. Then we went back home. A few hours later, he was in bad pain again. Then he woke me at 1:00 am begging to go to the emergency room. What a horrible thing to go through. It's scary when someone you love is in so much pain and you can't do a darn thing to help him.

I've added to my grown-up christmas list: No More Kidney Stones for Anyone!

May you all be healthy for ever!

Home

5 comments:

  1. I love how a lot of primaries are numbnuts. Did they not send him for any diagnostic tests? I would think they'd take his age into consideration before just blowing him off.

    Let me browse your adult Xmas list now. Joan--- I just got my first obscene spam yesterday. Now I feel like a real veteran blogger. Funny-- it was on my Christina Aguilera(?!) video. Dropped it like a hot potato.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joan, I'm so sorry your Hubby had to experience the pain of a kidney stone. I've been in your shoes several years ago when my hubby had one. I agree it's horrible and wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear about the experience with the kidney stone. My hubby went through it three times while they were trying to get him situated on a cholesterol drug he could tolerate.

    Pravachol - one kidney stone after 4 months of use.

    Lipitor - one kidney stone and lots of leg cramps after two months of use.

    Zocor - one kidney stone and constant leg cramps after one month of use.

    He's on Crestor now for almost three years and doing great. Cholesterol is hovering around 140 and no more kidney stones or leg cramps!

    Glad your hubby is feeling better.
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joan, I'm so sorry to hear about your husband's kidney stone attacks. My brother-in-law had to have them removed while out-of-town on business, and my sister conveyed to me just how painful they are. I pray he is alright now. Please give "The Husband" my very best wishes.

    Taggie

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.