Friday, December 12, 2008

Thanks for a wonderful chat session!

We had another great chat session Friday night, and another good turnout (eight people). This was a true"Delaware Area" chat, since our normal out-of-state visitors were not able to attend.

We had a new chatter who is participating in a clinical trial and takes both Copaxone and Avonex, and she was gracious enough to share her experiences. Then we shared practical information about various employment issues from one chatter's problem of wanting to work but needing accommodations and not getting them, to another chatter's problem of being denied disability. We were able to share details about lawyers and social security. But as always, we eventually got silly and just laughed together.

I'd been feeling pretty low and very fatigued, but this chat really cheered me up.
That's the point of support groups: to help us when we need practical support or cheering up.
I hope everyone enjoyed this as much as I did.


Due to the holidays, we'll resume these wonderful chats in January. If you couldn't make it last night, try again on January 9, 2009. Same time, same channel.

Until then, have a wonderful holiday season and keep laughing.

Home

3 comments:

  1. Thanks again, Joan. Boy, you guys make me feel like a real Delawarean (?) Together, Delaware and NJ can make up one medium-sized state! Hope we cheered you up a bit.

    I actually also just posted about the same issues, esp. the ADA. Go take a look...

    Hang in there and don't let all those relatives stress you out. Let Joan take care of Joan (or something to that effect.)

    Jen (smiley face)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darn, darn!!

    I missed it. Just know, I remembered that it's Friday. Well, I really did 'know' that it was Friday cause my PT worked practically every muscle this morning. Ouch!!!

    Oh well (sigh) at least I finally got the Carnival up earlier this evening. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you so much for inviting me...it is such a great idea. i was watching a movie with my teenage son...it was such a rare thing for him to include me in on something that i couldn't say no.

    i hope you are feeling good...you sound great!

    ReplyDelete