Saturday, January 10, 2009

Thanks to all the Chatters for another fun night!

Thanks to the ten people who visited the Delaware Area MS Chat last night. As usual, we started out with serious conversation, but then got silly as the evening wore on and we wore out. That's what these chats are for: to provide a shoulder to cry on, an open heart to hear you, and laughs to lift you.


GG and Nancy tied for the prize for "The Chatter Who Lives Farthest from Delaware" category. Your prize includes the pastries on the left. (Photo credit: Old Country Bakery in Bellevue, Washington). Both were NEW chatters to our room and I sure hope we didn't scare them away. There were prizes for "Most Diseases in a Single Person," "Most Improved Health," and "Most Desperately Needs a New Job" and more weird categories so all of you can enjoy looking at the pastries, too! What? You thought I was going to send you pastries?


The topic was "New Year's Resolutions" and as promised I revealed the ONE resolution everyone with MS should make: "Resolve to stay informed and VOCAL about health care in America." One way to do that is to keep an eye on President-elect Obama's website Change.gov. You can read the Obama-Biden Health Care Plan and communicate with Health and Human Services Secretary-designate Tom Daschle and the rest of the Transition Health Policy Team.

I hope to see you on the 4th Friday of this month for another exciting evening!

Home

4 comments:

  1. Thanks, Joan. Sorry I had to check out early, but I appreciate the fine hostessing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was fun. Sorry I was there for such a short time.

    Hey, you can help me. Nancy came over to HealthCentral and left a comment on my last post hoping for some information. However, since she hadn't created a profile, I don't think it's likely that she received notice of my response.

    How do I get in touch with her? Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the chat. Sorry I had to run. It was fun and informative as always.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK, I totally feel left out of the fun...motivation to find at least ONE of your chat times when I am not at work!!!

    "If you book them, they will come"...

    Linda D. in Seattle

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.