Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Delaware Area MS Chat Friday: Cabin Fever

Delaware Area MS On-line Chat
Friday 13 Feb, 7:00 - 9:30 pm
Chat Topic: Cabin Fever

The recent arctic weather with snow and ice caused school closures and activity cancellations. Some people, especially kids, get cabin fever, a term for a feeling of isolation that happens when someone is shut in for an extended period of time. It is also a term used to describe the feeling of boredom that comes from being home alone.

But people with MS can get cabin fever regardless of the weather. Fatigue, mobility problems, and other symptoms limit our ability to go out to events and be with other people. Have you experienced cabin fever? What do you do when you feel isolated and bored?

Let's come together this Friday and share how we respond to cabin fever. We'll chat about this and anything else that comes up.


If you want to connect on-line with others with MS in Delaware and surrounding areas, please join us THIS FRIDAY any time between 7:00 - 9:30 pm (east coast time). Show up when you want, leave when you want.

To attend, go to the right margin of this blog and click on the coffee cup. Then follow the directions. I'll see you in the room!

Home

4 comments:

  1. I'll try to swing by. Right now I could use some time to develop cabin fever but perhaps I can discuss the other side of that coin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I invite all from the Delaware Chat Group to register at : http://www.msviewsandrelatednews.com - so that you can begin receiving our weekly ms related e-newsletter and then stay informed with MS News and information.
    Thank You

    ReplyDelete
  3. I AM THERE! I can inject some needed frenzy into the chat-LOL. I have to diffuse from the trip, but I say go to the Bellagio for sure, because it was gorgeous and in the center of it all.

    I'm gonna post a video (maybe) and pics on Facebook, Joan.

    See ya tonight--- I am exhausted though!....

    ReplyDelete
  4. And now I'm eating my words because I'm going to lie down for a bit (way too much walking around, but good for the endurance level...also a flight delay that got us home at 4:30 am this morning--- high winds.) Hope you guys have fun, Joan, and I'll talk to ya soon.

    Jen

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.