Thursday, March 26, 2009

Grow Old Along With Me


Forty is the old age of youth; fifty is the youth of old age. - Victor Hugo


"The years between fifty and seventy are the hardest. You are always being asked to do things, and yet you are not decrepit enough to turn them down." - T.S. Eliot

"The man who views the world at fifty the same as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life."
- Muhammad Ali


As many of the MS chatters know, I turn 50 on Friday. On my birthdays, I like to tell people that I appreciate them, so I will take this time to thank YOU, dear blog-o-sphere readers and supporters, for being born into my life.


My plans for this big day were cancelled due to The Husband's illness, but I'm grateful that HE was born into my life and that he is still with me (but I think he's too old to know any better!! Just KIDDING!)


I want to share some fun quotations with you. Please have a piece of cake or a glass of wine in my honor, and laugh. And know that I appreciate having you as part of my community.


“When I was young there was no respect for the young, and now that I am old there is no respect for the old. I missed out coming and going.”
- Joseph Priestly.


"Inside every older person is a younger person - wondering what the hell happened." - Cora Harvey Armstrong (I believe this is the woman who said, "Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut her up with cookies.")


"Let us celebrate the occasion with wine and sweet words." - Plautus, Roman playright who would probably enjoy our MS chat room!


"Getting old ain't for sissies." - Betty Davis


7 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday!!!

    I very much appreciate you having come into my online life. Thank you. You do so many great things for community and beyond.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course I'm gonna say "Happy Birthday, my Aries sista!"....

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I could (and had the nerve), I would post a video of my personal rendition of Marilyn Monroe singing "Happy Birthday" to JFK just for you...but I think at my age now, I am the ONLY one who finds this sexy or funny these days...sigh.

    Happy Day Anyway! And many more...

    (I will once again be at work on friday evening, but will think of you and the Delaware chatters!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Joan! Love, Angie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday. I don't usually drink but I did take a shot on your birthday. I am glad to know you:)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.