Saturday, March 28, 2009

Unplugging "The Cord"



In honor of Earth Hour, March 28th 8:30 - 9:30 pm, I'm turning off the lights and unplugging any cords that draw power like vampires (you know, all those little red, yellow, and blue lights that we think don't draw much power so we leave them on all the time, when in reality they are increasing our energy bills by 10-15%).

This event was begun two years ago in Syndey, Australia, in partnership with the World Wildlife Fund as "A global event created to symbolize that each one of us, working together, can make a positive impact on climate change."

As Google Earth Hour explains, "Earth Hour is about more than dimming lights for sixty minutes; it’s about making a commitment to reduce energy consumption throughout the year." This is my very small way of showing my commitment.

I think my brain has already unplugged its cords in honor of its on-going "no-energy" policy.

Home

2 comments:

  1. I will do my very little part by turning the lights off and unplugging any unnecessary power sources.
    sefardisafran

    ReplyDelete
  2. We were involuntarily "unplugged" last night. Power went out for at least two hours without any obvious cause, but there were sirens at one point.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.