Saturday, April 4, 2009

Thanks Chatters!


Wow! What another great night of chatting. The topic "Asking for Help" definitely pushed some buttons and there was a LOT of good conversation. We had twelve chatters, 50% from Delaware. We had one very, very newly-diagnosed chatter (diagnosed this week), and we welcome Scoobie! Scoobie, don't be afraid to Ask for Help, now!!! We even had a surprise visit from Brain Cheese!

We shared good thoughts about why sometimes we are uncomfortable asking for help, stories of having success in asking for help, and some good resources to go to when we need help with grocery shopping, transportation, and personal assistance. I shared tips from the recent MSAA Group Discussion on Asking for Help, which kept the conversation on topic for most of the night. Of course, we did stray into less relevant but more fun topics as always!

The list of chatters is now too long for me to identify each one, but know that I appreciate the fact that each of you kept me company last night and made me feel much less alone. I hope you had the same great experience that I had. And I hope you enjoyed the cookies.

NEXT CHAT April 24th

Home

7 comments:

  1. Sorry I missed you guys. I hope you had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How is it that I still have yet to make it to one of these chats? I'm going to have to set an alarm on my cell phone calender!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joan's our sunshine on a rainy day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw shucks, guys, but it ain't no fun without YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally forgot but wrote the next chat down on my calendar. I'll probably still need a reminder so I hope someone, maybe Jennifer, will remind me about the Friday night chat.

    Doh!

    So glad that the room is filling up. A blessed Easter to you if you celebrate it.

    Hugs,
    Weens

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.