Sunday, May 31, 2009

I Really Should Write More Often...

... Afterall, that's the point of a blog, right? Blogs started out as personal diaries or journals, but evolved into a forum for thoughts and idea sharing.

I have a LOT of ideas to share and things to report. I just don't seem to be able to communicate with my Muse right now. Ah, but I know she is there, whispering in my ear, her light reflecting off the water, her scent wafting from the flowers on the back porch. Why can't I hear her? Or am I simply ignoring her, choosing instead to live a private life for a while?


Could that be? Is it because of Facebook and MySpace and Blogs, oh my, that I'm craving some privacy? Have I lost myself in a sea of constant communication with everyone on the planet?


Or have I written my one story, and now there is nothing else to write?

Home

4 comments:

  1. Even muses need their days off. Take and savor the privacy you crave, and we'll be here when you are ready to rejoin us!

    ...and to make yourself laugh in this sort of situation, try the song "Number Three" by They Might be Giants.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I imagine you are a constant novel in progress...consider it a page break for now. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Braincheese is right. I believe you have a lot to say....you are just LIVING it instead of writing it lately. That's what happens to me sometimes.
    Blog on, baby.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have three wonderful sisters & no energy to contact them! I think of them often & hope all is well with them, but after a day at the shrink mill I need quiet & nothing to think about. I hope they know how much I love & miss them!
    Love & Blessings...Susan

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.