Saturday, August 15, 2009

Another Great Chat Thanks to YOU!



Thanks to the chatters who joined last night's Delaware Area MS Chat. We continued the access- ibility discussion from the last chat, but focused on problems at doctor and dentist offices that people in wheelchairs face. This includes arms on dentist chairs that don't raise making it difficult to get into the chair, and doctor examination tables that don't lower making it impossible to have a complete examination. We also touched on mobility issues like scooters and driving problems. But we started with a "Hot Flashes and MS" discussion that ran until the guys showed up (chuckle). What a fun night! Thanks everyone.

Because of the end-of-summer rush for vacations and school preparations (and my husband's birthday), the 4th Friday chat in August is CANCELLED.
Next chat September 11, Patriot Day.

Home

5 comments:

  1. For those who wanted the MSAA Life Coaching info:
    Fran, I'm so glad you could attend the chat! You contributed a lot, and you brought a lot of FUN!

    Here is the MSAA Life Coach contact information:

    MSAA Life Coach Anne Marie Buck, M.S. at (800) 532-7667, extension 151 or email: lifecoach@msassociation.org.

    Let me know if you have trouble connecting with her. I will speak to her in two weeks.

    Her blog is http://blog.msassociation.org/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had fun at the chat last night...I had hoped to be a part of it but I had my hand surgery Thursday plus a houseful of company. (I'm doing fine, just hard to type.) Take care of yourselves everybody and I'll see you at the chat in September.

    Luvs ya'!
    Tag

    P.S. BYOB???? :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Taggie, we missed you! I hope your hand feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Joan. Hand doing nicely...see the surgeon on Friday when I hope to have the cast removed. Happy birthday to hubby and enjoy your time off from here.....you sure earned it!! Hope you are still feeling better, Joan, and everyone from the Delaware chat. See you in Sept.!!

    Tag

    ReplyDelete