Monday, August 17, 2009

Good Day After All


This started out as one of those days - a sumo wrestler sitting on my body when I woke up. I was very, very tired and very, very grumpy.

But I had coffee with a girlfriend at 10:30-ish (I had apple-pie-flavored coffee, yum!), went home and took a very long nap, then went to dinner with my book group. The food was terrible but the conversation was great. I wouldn't have gone because I was so fatigued, but they all sent e-mails encouraging me to show up. Plus, I had nothing for dinner anyway.

So although the day started out lousy, it was a nice day after all. But only because of the kindness of friends. Now, can someone send me more spoons...


4 comments:

  1. Ah, I'm so glad your day turned from bad to good! Makes my day feel better too. What book are you guys reading?

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not a spoon to spare in the whole house but I'll send some once I get better myself.

    I'm glad that you ended up having a good day with your friends. Hang in there. We are in this together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, since I don't have class until 6pm tonite I opted to rest today and ship you 3 extra spoons. Hope they help! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The coffee sounds great. Sometimes getting out of the house when you really don't want to is exactly what you need.

    ReplyDelete