Friday, September 25, 2009

Thanks Chatters!

Thanks for another interesting Friday night chat! We talked about everything from music to MS Clinics; from cruises to six degrees of separation; and from mystery books to MS books.

Here is a list of the titles we touched on with any details I could find.

Blindsided: Lifting a Life Above Illness: A Reluctant Memoir by Richard M. Cohen (2004, Harper Paperbacks)

The First Year: Multiple Sclerosis: An Essential Guide for the Newly Diagnosed by Margaret Blackstone. (2002, Marlow & Company)

Multiple Sclerosis for Dummies (2007, Wiley Publishing)

MS and Your Feelings – Handling the Ups and Downs of MS, written by Allison Shadday a licensed counselor who also has MS (2007, Hunter House Publishers, http://www.hunterhouse.com/)

Women Living with Multiple Sclerosis by Judith Lynn Nichols and her Online Group of MS Sisters (1999, Hunter House Publishers, www.hunterhouse.com, ISBN 0-89793-218-8)

Living with Progressive Multiple Sclerosis, Overcoming the Challenges by Patricia K. Coyle and June Halper (2008, Demos Medical Publishing, http://www.demosmedpub.com/)

JUST FOR FUN: Stephen White is a best selling mystery author who has MS. In his Dr. Alan Gregory mystery series, one of the main characters has MS. These are wonderful mysteries and I highly recommend them for fun. You can see more at http://www.authorstephenwhite.com/

Don't want to buy books? Take advantage of lending libraries from various MS organizations. MSAA has the most extensive on-line inventory which can be found at http://msassociation.org/programs/lending_library/

Note that the Delaware NMSS chapter has transferred their books to the Delaware Public Library System but has a lot of brochures available.

NEXT CHAT: 9 Oct 09

Home

3 comments:

  1. To Mary from Dover, were you trying to join the chat this evening? If so, provide me your e-mail and we can figure out what happened. Thanks! Joan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Joan,

    I'm an idiot. I remember too late about the chats and I specifically thought about it this week when I came across a flicker in my yard(without my camera) and immediately thought of you. Arg. At least I was thinking of you.

    S.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Joan!
    I was sorry to miss the chat on Friday BUT... it was my birthday AND
    I was in Lana'i having my every need catered to by "Gerald" my cabana boy!
    It was so wonderful... there aren't words. Today I am having alot of trouble adjusting back to reality. See you next chat... I'll bring Macadamia nuts and Umbrella drinks!

    Hope all is well with you!
    Nancy D.

    ReplyDelete