Sunday, November 22, 2009

Prayer to the gods & goddesses of cooking

Dear gods and goddesses of cooking,

I'm glad that my offering of heavily smoked, buttery, very crispy, bone-in chicken breast was pleasing to you. (To any mortals who are evesdropping on this letter, please refer to yesterday's post.) But the snickering I heard from "on high" all night long about my way of getting your attention - smoke pouring from every window - was "over done" (excuse the pun). So I am writing to let you know that I have accepted your apology, and the new stove will be delivered tomorrow.

Sincerely,
Joan

PS - Please send my thanks to the gods and goddesses of creative cleaning. I am a follower of their teachings: "When the cleaning gets tough, the tough replace."

Home

No comments:

Post a Comment