Friday, August 12, 2011

Update on Delaware Area MS Chats - CANCELLED

Yes, I know I said that the chats were just taking a break for the summer vacation, but I have decided to make it a permanent vacation.  

Thanks to everyone for supporting the Delaware Area MS Chat Room for the last three years, we have had some amazing chat nights.  I appreciate all the support that you have shown each other, and the positive feedback and laughs you have given me.  We have all learned a lot from each other, and made some friendships.


The chat room widget will stay on my blog, so if anyone wants to continue to chat, you are welcome to do so on your own (there is no requirement for a host, just log into the chat room as see who is there).  There are also MS Chats at  MS World 
(http://www.msworld.org/nmss_welcome.htm 


Now, the reason for this change is simple: I really need a break from MS! I know a few of you have said the same thing so will understand.  I don't want to have to keep up with latest research, medications, symptom management techniques, programs, trends, cures, treatments, controversies, etc.  I don't want to comb through the five MS and neurology magazines that I receive every month.  I want to delete all the newsletters and e-zines that clog my in-box without worrying that I've missed an important chat topic.  I want to find out if "ignorance if bliss" is true!


Be well, everyone, and to quote my favorite book, "So long, and thanks for all the fish!"
Joan

2 comments:

  1. Joan,
    You have done a wonderful job hosting the chats and being such an MS maven. Burnout is completely understandable. You are a star in my book. Please let us know if ignorance truly is bliss!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Lisa! Now I can spend more time reading your blog posts, and just enjoying them.

    ReplyDelete