Friday, September 23, 2011

Balanced Imbalance

Today is the autumnal equinox, one of the two days of the year when the amount of daylight and darkness are equal, in balance.  It’s a day when I reflect on balance in my life.

Alas, I am going through a lot of changes right now.  As you’ve read in my previous blog posts, I’m focusing a lot of attention on my MS treatment changes due to my changing symptoms and functionality. I’m also experiencing changes at my church, where a new interim minister is challenging the congregation to try new things, so there is a bit of disruption in services while we experiment with changes.

So I have imbalance in two important parts of my life.   I have achieved balance in imbalance!

Welcome autumn!  

2 comments:

  1. Achieving balance in imbalance is a true marvel of life. I was reading a book how autumn has leaves die so new ones can begin next Spring. It helped me think of how with M.S. and on days or at times I have to stop, hold back, rest the things I wanted to do feel like the dying autumn leaves at the moment. But I try to concentrate on the gift of M.S. is patience and a stronger connection to my spirit so sometimes I have to put the tangable world on hold.

    I liked what you said about the balance in imbalance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Silver Lining,
    I see you are newly diagnosed, but you seem to have a good attitude. Thanks for stopping by!
    Joan

    ReplyDelete