Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Patient Who Died on Gilenya - the rest of the story...

As suspected, there was more to the story of the patient who died within 24 hours of taking Gilenya.  Julie Stachowiak, at MS.About.com writes that the patient was on medications which affect the heart.  You can read Julie's explanation of what happend at "Death of Patient on Gilenya Should Not Cause Panic" at:

http://ms.about.com/b/2011/12/23/death-of-patient-on-gilenya-should-not-cause-panic.htm?nl=1

In the meantime, it's been over two months for me and I'm still doing okay.  People ask me if it's working and I have to respond, "I don't know."  I don't feel different, which is probably a good thing.  I didn't feel any different when I was on Copaxone, either. Time will tell.

Home

1 comment:

  1. Just wondering how you are doing? Love you! Susie

    ReplyDelete