Saturday, March 23, 2013

Want to Wish Me a Very Happy Birthday?

In honor of my upcoming 54th birthday (yes, I'm being honest about my age), please consider making a donation to my MS fundraising efforts.  For the fourth year in a row, the Wheeler's Wobblers MS Walk Team will participate in the Wilmington, DE, MS Walk to raise money for research and programs.  Wheeler's Wobble but we don't fall down thanks to YOUR support!


I've struggled with MS for over 27 years, one-half of my life, and have seen breakthroughs in treatment options.  I am benefiting from one of the recently-approved MS disease modifying therapies, and hope to be able to actually walk in the walk this year.

But there is still more to do.  These therapies are not cures, and don't repair existing damage to our brains or spinal cords. 

To make a tax-deductible contribution via credit card, go to MY WALK PAGE and select "Donate to Joan."  Let me know if you prefer to donate by check, and I'll send you a self-addressed stamped envelope.

Any donation of any amount will be greatly appreciated. Even small donations make a difference.

Thank you and Wobble on!


2 comments:

George of FIAR said...

Hey--miss you on Facebook (but I know it's good to be off)--did you see this article? Looks intriguing but also a bit early stages.
http://www.ottawacitizen.com/health/team+Ottawa+doctors+preparing+publish+full+report/8180666/story.html
What do you think of it?
George

Joan said...

Hi George! Thanks for the article, it looks interesting but very drastic.
You can always reach me via e-mail, do you have that e-address?