Friday, September 19, 2014

Let Us Dwell on the Distance We Have Traveled

Scotland has voted to stay in the United Kingdom.  As I was reading the reports from BBC, I found some meaningful quotes that I want to share.  I think the world can learn from this event.  I know I can.

From Alistair Darling, who led the winning Better Together (against independence) movement, "As we celebrate, let us also listen."

From First Minister Alex Salmond, who led the movement to declare independence from UK, "Today of all days as we bring Scotland together, let us not dwell on the distance we have fallen short, let us dwell on the distance we have traveled..."

That last quote applies to my personal life.  As I tried to scrub the kitchen floor yesterday, I simply became so exhausted that I sat in the corner and began to cry.  I was only 1/4 of the way done.  I could only dwell on the distance I have fallen short in so many areas of my life, all the things I am no longer able to do.  Well today, I am going to dwell on the distance I have traveled instead.

Thank you, Scotland, for showing the world a better way to live together, and thank you Mr. Alex Salmond for inspiring me to shift my focus.

Home 

1 comment:

  1. And THANK YOU for reminding me of the greater lesson I could have learned from the Scot vote.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.