Thursday, November 19, 2015

A Final Thanks for Your Support

In 2015, with your help, the Delaware area chapter of the National Multiple Sclerosis Society raised almost $2 million through the MS Walks!

I want to thank all of you for helping my MS Walk Team, the Wheeler's Wobblers, to be one of the top fundraising teams in Wilmington and Newark, Delaware. Between the two sites, we raised over $11,270!

This was our sixth but final year. As many of you know, fatigue is one of the most disabling symptoms of MS, and is my most troublesome symptom. The task of being a team captain does require energy, and over the past few years it has become increasingly more difficult for me to sustain the effort, even with help from others. So this was our last year, and I'm glad that we are ending on a high note.

Being a team captain gave me an opportunity to connect with many people in the community and to raise awareness of this disease. It was gratifying to see the outpouring of support.

Remember, "Wheelers wobble but we don't fall down!" But sometimes we just have to step down.


Flashback - Best Team Name in 2011:


Home page


No comments:

Post a Comment