Tuesday, November 27, 2007

What a Clever Fundraiser!! You have to see this...

This is an incredibly smart (and efficient) idea for fundraising - offer people a chance to play an on line arcade game for a donation, and if they do well they will have a chance to win prizes and see their name on a leader board. BRAGGING RIGHTS is a powerful incentive, and the prizes are cool, too.

According to Kevin Dunn from Rezilio, "We are working with the [Georgia] MS Society trying to raise awareness of the first-ever online MS charity tournament. 100% of all contributions will go to MS and best of all this event is so efficient that over 80 cents on the dollar goes direct to MS research; most other efforts such as golf events, walk-a-thons, etc result in only 30-40 cents on the dollar." Check this out:

www.gameforcharity.com/MS

I was quite tickled by the idea and had fun blowing ants out of a cannon during a practice run. It took me a little while to figure out what I was supposed to do (I am not normally a gamer), but then I got the hang of it. When I have a little more time, I'm gonna get my name on that leader board and start bragging!

Thanks, Kevin, for sending this information to me. I'm pleased to pass this information along to my EIGHT loyal readers!

keywords: multiple sclerosis Georgia Chapter MS Society fundraising

5 comments:

  1. OK, I had to go there! What a hoot...and addictive, too. Thanks for the link...I think?

    Linda D. in Seattle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great. Another thing to suck up all my time. Is this the revenge you have been planning for me!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have laundry that will never get done now! And housecleaning? haha Forget that! I've got bugs to destroy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow this is a clever idea indeed...thanks for passing this along.

    ReplyDelete
  5. At least you have eight readers!! Hey, I tried to leave a comment several times, but the sign in process drove me crazy...let's see if this one finally works! I really wanted to comment about how difficult it is to find a psychiatrist...yes, it is difficult because there are not of them around, especially kid docs! And if anyone needs a psychiatrist, it is YOU!! Love, your sister the shrink!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.