Sunday, December 2, 2007

Under the Weather

Where did that phrase come from? I don’t know where that phrase started, but I have always been affected by weather.

When it is sort of rainy, I can’t get out of bed and my stomach is sour all day. When it is sunny and temperate, I have energy to spare. And when it snows, I’m usually stiff and sore (and that is before I go out to shovel). Although not weather related, I’m also affected by the changing seasons. When the days grow short, I get depressed and even more tired (years ago, I was diagnosed with Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD) and now sit under a light box for about three or four months in the winter.)

Today’s weather is rain mixed with sleet. I had difficulty getting out of bed this morning because someone had encased my body in cement, so it seemed. I was asleep when my husband woke me:

“Are you okay?” he asked.
groggle, grump
“No,” I reply. But I’ll be okay once I finish sleeping.
“What time is is?” I ask.
“9:00. Do you want some coffee?”
You woke me up to see if I want some coffee???? How sweet is that? Too bad I have to kill you.

End note: The coffee was good, so he gets to live another day.

4 comments:

  1. It's all about the vitamin D ... if not for sunlight, you would need a lot more vitamin c (caffeine).

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Too bad I have to kill you"

    Roaring with laughter on THAT line...

    Linda D. in Seattle

    ReplyDelete
  3. At least we know they mean well. LOL Let'em live.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did he have his goofy smile on his face when he said it? Hard to get mad at him when he is so darn cute! (PS Tedd, I did not say old!)
    Love & Blessings...

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.