Thursday, February 7, 2008

Notice: Pollyanna will take some time off


As ya’ll know, the term Pollyanna refers to someone who is “an excessively or blindly optimistic person.” (reference from dictionary.com) In my writings I try to be positive so that I won’t scare anyone, but there are times when that is such a stretch I just have to admit that life stinks. This is one of those times.

This is official notice that Pollyanna is taking a sabbatical.

I’m trying to sell my house, but another contract just fell through. I feel like crap – I’m tired and my leg is about to explode. My college class is boring me to tears but I’ll lose 100% of my tuition if I withdraw now so I’m gonna hang in for a few more weeks. I completely forgot about the MS support group lunch today so missed a chance to whine.

I do NOT want to read about how people with MS haven’t let the disease stop them and they just keep moving forward. I don’t have the energy to look for the positive or silver lining in anything. I don’t want any pep talks. I don't want to be told to look at how things could be worse.

For my family and others who care about me: don’t worry, I’ll snap out of this. Pollyanna will come back soon.
I just need to be sad for a little while.
Is that Terry Clark cringing in the background?

3 comments:

  1. You go, girl! Let the Oracle of the Blog speak truth...no pep talk here.

    Linda D. in Seattle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't mean to be an upper, but that MRI pic is cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grieving can be an on-going process...you have had a lot of changes in your life during the last month or so...& add to that feeling like shit...& it's winter...& you have a black hole in your head. Who wouldn't be struggling? Love you!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.