I discovered a few things during the pilot:
1) People who attend face-to-face support group meetings tend to avoid chatting.
2) Most people who attend chats don't want to attend face-to-face support group meetings.
3) I don't have the energy to host a chat every Friday.
4) Chats are great ways to connect with people when the weather is bad, I'm tired, or just feeling lonely on a Friday night.
5) People with MS need to surround themselves with supportive communities, whether it be via blogs, chat rooms, or face-to-face meetings, AND they like having options for creating those communities.
Therefore, I will continue to host these chats because I think it satisfies a need; however, I've changed the schedule to only twice a month. So if you live in Delaware or any surrounding states (requires you to know where Delaware is located) and want to chat on a Friday night, you are welcome to pop in using the Chat Room option on the right side of my blog (look for the coffee cup).
But if you don't live near Delware and want to chat, you are still welcome to attend. And if you support Joe Biden, of course you can attend! Although we set these chats up in hopes that Delaware MS-ers would connect, you are all welcome.